Chamomile in Aromatherapy
|The bottle cost me Rs. 32|
Energy: Cool / neutral moisture
Main element: Wood
The oil/flower has two basic properties:
1. It helps smoothen the flow of the body's energy.
- It is useful for those suffering from
- chronic tension (use with lavender in diffuser)
- insomnia (have a tea infusion before bed time, basically make a tea of these flowers: dunk them in hot water for 20 mins, strain, sweeten with honey & drink, add lemon if needed)
- nervous indigestion & nausea (tea)
- PMS & menstrual pain (use with clary sage & cypress - rub this mixture over the stomach in a clock wise pattern)
- It helps reduce puffiness & cleanses pores
2. It also clears heat & reduces inflammation
|Toner made from Green Tea & Chamomile|
Mixed with lavender & germanium it helps in treatment of dermatitis, itching & eczema. It is precisely for this reason that I added it to the green tea toner. I have a lot of redness in my skin, & I am hoping regular use of the toner will help reduce this. It is also gentle enough to use on dry skin. It is also purpoted to help skin regenerate & heal and helps in sun and wind burn.
Chamomile can help relieve nervous tension of any kind but it helps most in build up of nervous energy in the solar system. In this condition our emotional needs & wants are intensified, and if frustrated we become irritable. We may react by becoming "over-controlling". Their anger is "moody" - a sullen irritability that comes & goes.
Chamomile eases the tension of excessive ego desire, helps us let go of our fixed expectations, calmly acknowledge our own limitations and more readily accept the the help of others.
In conditions such as this, mix 2 drops of orange oil, 2 drops bergamot to chamomile tea infusion (50 ml) and vaporize in electric burner.
1. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit by Gabriel Mojay
2. Aromatherapy by D. Ryman