Skip to main content

My MAC Shopping List

As some of you know I recently lost my tiny stash of MAC & MUFE makeup while shifting. Luckily the LE items from MAC (Chromatographic pencil & Dark Diversion) were packed separately. But I essentially lost

1. Paint pots in Blacktrack & Artifact (which has now been discontinued)
2. Blush in Desert Rose
3. Lipsticks – Capricious & Viva Glam Cyndi
4. Lip Prep + Prime
5. Kohl liner in Teddy

I also lost an aqua cream #2 from MUFE & Aqua Liner in 1L (a soft grey black). I’m planning to buy both these products again. They were awesome, imo.

I’m planning to restock the lost items over the next 2-3 months – basically spacing out my purchases. I have made some modifications to the restock list simply based on usage & performance of the above products. Here’s my new list.

1. Paint Pot in either Soft Ochre or Groundwork or Quite Natural – I’m undecided as of now. This is to use as a base underneath eye makeup as well as by itself for a neutral eye look. The paint pots I had really impressed me with their quality & pigmentation.

2. Prep + Prime Lip. I loved this product so much; it has become a staple for me. I cannot imagine putting on lipstick without using this underneath. P.S. I got this on Sunday :)

3. Brush 217 – I got this on Sunday as well, love at first stoke for me. It blends like a magic wand.

4. Brush 239Shivani (AOYV) gave this a huge thumbs up. I got 217 also after reading her review. This one is apparently really good for eyeshadow application.

5. Lipstick in Viva Glam Cyndi – well, the proceeds go to charity in any case. This is a really pretty coral red. It goes on sheer and can also be used as a tint. My only consolation is that I had half finished the earlier tube, so it’s not a complete loss for me. I find that it looks pretty natural on me.

So that’s my list – 5 things to replace the 7 I lost. You may have noticed I’m concentrating more on basics this time & not replacing certain things. Here’s why

1. Artifact Paint Pot has been discontinued. But if I find it, I’ll get it. I got Blacktrack to simplify my smoky eye routine, only to realize over time that I hardly do smoky eyes. Most of the time I’m getting ready to go to office where this would hardly be suitable.

2. Blush. The MAC Desert Rose blush was really nice, but I just seem to have gotten too used to cream blushes now, & I have quite a few to finish first. I might buy one, but after a year.

3. Lipstick in Capricious was slaughtered in return for an eye makeup brushes. It is a lovely shade, but I’m going through a lip gloss phase right now. It does have fond memories – it was my very first purchase from MAC.

4. Teddy Kohl was a washout for me – it didn’t stay on, would smudge & frankly did not match up to its hefty 900 + price for me. I get pretty much the same results from another liner which costs half (It’s a close dupe for this – That post is coming up next week)

So what do you gals think? Anything that I’m missing out or that seems like a wrong buy? I was thinking of also adding in an eyeshadow – either Swiss Chocolate or Tempting.

Do tell!

Comments

  1. I love viva glam cyndi !!! I wouldv definitely restocked that like you did...I have capricious too..and yup...though its nice its not something super special...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Groundwork....its beautiful :) Quite natural will be too dark on you i think..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tanveer, that's quite a shopping list you've going on, please don't let ur hubby take a sneak peak till u manage to snag all of them!! Btw I can't even imagine how terrible it'd be to lose such a gorgeous makeup collections.. I once lost 2 cartons of all my 17 sandals while shifting ..gave me quite an excuse to shop for more :) hope u get all the goodies. Do post a review on the paint pots

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fine list i must say :D :D 217 and 239 are must have and shivu reviewed them so precisely :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Tanz..i love desert rose :)Hope u get a magic wand after watching harry potter and get all the above products back ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awee thanks for the shout out. <3 I'm glad you love 217 after I recommended it to you :) It would kill me if I recommend someone something and they don't like the thing. Can I do some blush recs? Do have a look at Coppertone, pinkswoon, margin, peachykeen and style, I can see alll of them looking lovely on you. As for lipsticks, do try cosmo, hug me. As for eyeshadow, do look at jest, it is a shimmering peach, lovely all over wash color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this makes me so sad :(. Maybe instead of buying the same ones u can buy similar ones.Painterly Paintpot instead of the ones u already tried. Fleur Power instead of Desert Rose.

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey a question....are we getting the viva glam cyndi in india now....cos i am not able to find it in the US anymore

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Niti: Nope, it has been DCed :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular posts from this blog

Reetha, Amla & Shikakai Home Made Shampoo - Weekend Experiment

Good Morning Lovelies, I hope your weekend was fun. Mines was, well, ho-hum, but anyways, we are not talking about that here (let’s save that cribbing for twitter).
I have been suffering from quite a bit of hair fall since some time. I have tried changing products to using intensive conditioning and the works. It stops the hair fall for while, but then it rears its ugly head again.
So on lark, & for lack of better things to do, my best friend & I decided to make some Reetha – Amla – Shikakai shampoo at home. This century old ayurvedic herbal concoction is reputed to not only strengthen hair, but also darken it and stop hair fall.
I got the 3 biggies from a local kirana store. All 3 are priced at 15 Rs for 100gms.

How to: Soak 5 pieces of Shikakai, 4 balls of Reetha  (Soapnut) & handful of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)  in about 500 ml of water overnight. In the morning, heat the mixture on gas till it just starts to boil. Let it cool, when lukewarm mash all the amla, reetha and…

Skin Care Myth: Sunscreen will stop you from Tanning

Image via Wikipedia I know I did a recent article on skin care myths (read it here), but I don't know how I forgot to mention this particular myth. In any case I think this warranted a post on its own.

Myth: If I use a suncreen regularly and religiously, I will not tan. 

Fact: This is a very simplistic statement. But before I bust this myth, kindly bear through a science lecture. This is to bring all readers of all backgrounds on the same knowledge level.



Lets define sunscreen (from Wikipedia):Sunscreen (also commonly known as sunblock or sun cream) is a lotion, spray, gel or other topical product that absorbs or reflects "some" of the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the skin exposed to sunlight and thus helps protect against sunburn. Sunscreen helps protect only against direct DNA damage as it cannot dissipate UV as harmless heat.

The SPF of a sunscreen is a laboratory measure of the effectiveness of sunscreen — the higher the SPF, the more protection a sunscreen …

I made "Washed Ghee" at home and it turned out great!

Yesterday I posted about the importance of fat in our diet. While doing research for the same I came across the recipe for "Washed Ghee" or Shata Dhaut Ghrita (100 times washed ghee).

After I read about this miracle at home cream, it was inevitable that I would try to create this cream myself. All I needed apparently was some cow ghee & water.

So I made it last evening. And here is how it went.


For those readers who haven't read the earlier post: Hundred times washed ghee is prepared from organic cow milk ghee by washing it in purified water, repeatedly, 100 times in a copper vessel, using a specific prescribed method while chanting some mantras

This procedure transforms the ghee into a soft, cooling, nourishing, silky unguent that is used as a traditional moisturizer and anti wrinkle skin cream. It produces radiant and glowing skin, especially for people with easily inflamed skin. It can be used as a daily face and body moisturizer or for facial massage. Apply it for…