Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - Hot Cloth Cleanser Review
: We only make one cleanser because this formulation is the ultimate in concentrated yet gentle cleansing power and works on every age and skin type.
Our plant based cleanser has a two-phase action, phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara.
Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin.
Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother, clearer skin.Suitable for all skin types
How to Use: Cleanse daily morning and night using this two-step process:
Step 1: Massage one or two pumps onto dry skin over face and neck twice a day.
Step 2: Rinse the pure muslin cloth in hand-hot water and wring out before gently wiping off the cream. Rinse and repeat.
Splash face with cool clean water and follow with Instant Boost Skin Tonic and your choice of moisturiser.
Ingredients:Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.
What I liked:
1. I really liked the concept - I am a big believer of oil cleansing method & I generally do it every evening with either sesame oil or cold cream. It does cleanse the skin very effectively.
2. The muslin cloth cleans quite well, it is abrasive initially but softens over time with washings. It also is easy to wash in the machine.
3. The packaging is very nice, the zip lock bag with the pump make it very travel friendly.
4. It smells quite fresh & all Eucalyptusy. I absolutely hated it initially to be honest but I guess I have gotten used to it now.To be fair, Eucalyptus is not one of my favorite smells in aromatherapy.
5. Made of natural ingredients.
6. It takes off makeup pretty well, except for mascara. It struggles to remove mascara - don't know if it is the mascara's fault or this product.
What could be better:
1. They claim this is for all skin types, but I feel they should make one for acne prone skin as well. Why? Because this broke me out. I have pretty resilient skin, I don't break out that easily. In fact I have been using sesame oil everyday for the past 6-8 mnths to no acne. But within the first few days of trying this out I got two huge zits. Somehow I didn't wanna believe it was this award - winning, super fab, raved about product. So I stopped using this for two weeks while the zits healed, once they were gone I tried this again - same result. Within two days I had acne. Again the stubborn me, refused to put the blame on this. I took a break from this & tried it a 3rd time, as I sit typing this I have two zits on my face & a 3rd threatening to pop up.
2. It could be more emolint, I find it a little difficult to spread and apply. I think it is because I have gotten so used to using sesame oil - which goes on much smoother, obviously since it is a oil that I struggled a bit with this.
3. Of course the price is a dampener as well.
Would I recommend this: I wanted to love this, really (I guess you can tell by the number of chances I gave this)! I have both the beauty bible books & they just rave about this product. I read those books two years and have been wanting to try this ever since.
But it gave me pimples. It seems to work well for most people so I guess I'm the odd one out. But no, I'm not gonna re-purchase this neither recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin.
Product sent by company for review, review is an honest recount of my experience.