Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blisscovered: Too good to be True?

Many of you would have read Mehak's post on Blisscovered (if not go here).

Basically Blisscovered is India's version of Birch Box. 

Which means for a fixed price you get to try 5-6 different products, in case of Blisscovered - it is Rs. 700 for a 4-5 products from the list below: 

1. MUFE
2. Diesel
3. YSL
4. Ralph Lauren
5. Om ved
6. Kiehl's
7. Forest Essentials
8. Armani
9. Clarins
10. L'Occitane
11. Guerlain

There was a rapid exchange of tweets yesterday night between Mehak, Zara & me, wondering if this is too good to be true. 

What if all we got for 700 bucks was 5 of 3 ml sachets. (Imagine the look of horror, followed by anger on our faces, upon opening the box)

Being the swashbuckling adventurer (or money burning blush crazed blogger) that I am, I reasoned with the other two - that it was worth one shot - we buy duds all the time, I felt it was worth the gamble to try it once. 

Lucky for me they are offering a one time trial. 

So in short I signed up last night, I opted for single trial and COD - just to be safe. I did get a confirmation mail from them - confirming my order, but it didn't say by when the parcel would reach me. They have asked for some time so that they can customize to my skin & hair & makeup preference type (you have to fill in a questionnaire when ordering). 

So I sit here, fingers crossed. I'll post immediately as soon as I get the box - on the dope. Is this for real? Is it too good to be true?

22 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! even iv signd up ..there is another one...called lushbox...its yet to launch...right now theyr just taking down emails of those interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had read mehak's post too! kinda scared that they will offer us sachets and no good products! but really wanna try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaish - I guess you cld wait for us "daring" bloggers to first try & see what they actually send.

      Delete
  3. @Mehak: How do you find these gems online?? LOL - Thanks for keeping us updated on these :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice..am going to sign up ... thnx for sharing :))

    http://fewunnecessarystuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did you sign up?

      I still haven't heard from them :P

      Delete
  5. I've been longing for something like this to come up in India ever since I first came across the concept.Fingers crossed hope it pans out as well as our expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sonia, I too wanted a birchbox - it may simply help me spend less :D :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Did you hear from them? I still haven't got my box :(

      Delete
  7. Tanveer- haha im currently on my yearly leave of 10 days ...so i have A LOT of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Did you get your box Jyoti? I still haven't got mines :(.. So glad I opted for COD *phew*

      Delete
  9. Woohoo! Go adventurer/crazed blogger! either ways, its awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like 5 full products from these brands at 700?? Y wld they do that??
    Hope it is true :)
    waiting n watching...
    Nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Simran: Those are not full sized products, but trial sample sizes generally - like 10 to 15 ml so that they last a month or so of use..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you did a post on this as I was just wondering whether this service would ever be available in India. Curious to know how to goes now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is being advertised Gauri - but Indian brands tend to be penny wise & pound foolish, most brands don't even create samples of their best sellers to share with customers - so let's see how this fares. :D

      Delete
  13. yeaay keep us posted! we r waiting for ur view on this....lots of us want to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Kejal! I hope it lives up to all our collective wishes :D

      Delete

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails