Nail Polish Trends for 2012


I know it is late in the night, but I have to share this story with you. I was all set to leave for Goa today for a short vacation, but my train tickets didn't get confirmed despite me booking 3 months in advance. They were stuck on WL 8 & 9 since I booked. My return tickets were confirmed, but since my to tickets were not, I had quite an eventful evening. I came back early from office, packed & was about to leave for VT hopeful that by the time the chart would be prepared, my tickets would be through. But no such luck.

So as I sit wondering over the ways of the universe (why me? I think all of Mumbai is in Goa except me), I decided to divert my mind with some beauty reads.

One of the things I read were some predictions about nail colors that would be trending in 2012:


1. Green: Apparently, green is the next big shade in nail paint, and my green they mean the milky pistashio green shades - it is soft, yet striking. But I personally feel that green nail paints are a bit of hit or miss. Not everyone can carry them off. I personally don't like matt greens on my nails, I need my greens to have a shiny, metallic shimmery finish.

Neutral shades are in
2. Orange: I am wearing this on my toes right now, a shade from Maybelline. I thought it would nice on the beaches of Goa in flipflops. I was right half-way. It does look nice & summery, and apparently is a color that is here to stay. My feet do look good propped on the coffee table. But this color doesn't look too good on my hands. It makes my hands look darker. I think I might keep this for the feet only. I feel a better shade actually is tangerine - you know that reddish - orange with a bit of coral. This is a close, warm cousin to orange, and a shade a lot of girls can carry well.

3. Nude Beige: The color of skin, nude beige or milky pink nails are going to be really big this year. I have a milky pink from Jordana that is really gorgeous, one coat & it is MNBB (my nails.... you get the drift). Three coats - it is a very feminine, girly pink. Creamy shades of gray, white, pale pink, and soft beige look refreshing on fingers, contrasting against the many printed clothing and accessories. Perfection is key with these shades, though—no chips, scuffs or slacking on the upkeep.


Of course nail art remains hot as ever, with newer techniques. 


What do you think of these trends? 


I quite like them, but I do wish that red & dark navy blue nails were also in the offing. I have lots of red nail paints (it's a classic for office wear too), and I can't find a decent shiny dark navy blue anywhere. 


I would also like to see silver - grey nails paints - I really like them as well and it would be cherry on the cake, if instead of milky green, milky blue nail paints trended instead (I have cool undertones, and am able to carry off blues & greys much more easily than oranges & yellows)


Let's see if the predictions of the experts turn out to be right. What nail colors would you like to see trending in the coming year?

Comments

  1. i m more into dark shades these days..kind of tired with the light biege ones that i used all my childhood n in teenage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not allowed to use nail paints only as a child, so I kinda fancy all colors :)

      Delete
  2. Tangerine is a fab shade to wear this season, perfect bold vivid color.Here in Delhi we are just coming out of dreary winters and after weeks of wearing layers of socks & gloves I think finally its time to take out my mani kit and paint my nailes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty regime must take a total vacation in the cold! I remember when I was in Manali, I stopped wearing makeup as I hated washing my face with cold water in the evening to take it off. Even my cream cleanser felt too cold & uncomfortable to use. :P

      Delete
  3. agree with you for the orange in Maybelline...try Colorbar Orange mimosa, you will love it. I use it for almost all nail arts when I need orangy colors.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll finish off my maybelline one first, but I will try the colorbar one! Thanks for the recco :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry your vacation did not happen :(
    Agree, green is a big thing and I love it to be honest...I love fun trends like these...also I think blue is making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty :( too, but such are the ways of life..

      I'll be very glad if blue comes back. I like blues & purples a lot :)

      Delete
  5. I've never used orange nail polishes but I know it's getting popular. I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cld try the colorbar one that Sweet & Bitter has recommended :)

      Delete
  6. awww so sorry that your vacation didnt come through :(
    a nice post btw... Orange nail paints never suited me though I would ve loved for Red and Navy Blue to be featured like you said. I picked up this really mean navy Blue shimmery nail paint from Faces and would ve loved to to see the color the next IN thing the coming season ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam!

      Orange nails look ghastly on me too, I discovered that after I had bought the bottle.. so now I use it on my toes.

      Pls do a review of the faces - navy blue one, if you give it the thumbs up, I'll get it :D

      Delete
  7. Great post! Yet red nails are my all time favorite!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i own lots of nudes....green too...but need to get the orange though :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... if it's any consolation, I'm in Mumbai, not Goa. :-)

    Orange is a great colour!!! I'm a bit bored of reds though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess that makes the two of us :D

      Orange is great, but it looks awful on me. :(

      Reds are boring, but they are the only bright color that you can wear to office w/o anyone taking an offense to them :D

      Delete
  10. ooh! too bad about goa..! plan another vacay. M thinking this summer it will be pastels.. and a lil bit of neons. As of now I m liking my blues and silvers..but m still in search of a nice creme grey. M still undecided on green...shimmery greens i surprisingly found look good. Cant say the same for matt green..but i do have a matt gold..and i like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abhi kahan Kejal.. If I book now, I'll get tickets for April. Goa in April is 10 times worse than Mumbai in April, after that we have the rains so the beaches are closed. I don't see it happening before November.. :( *sigh*..

      Moving on, even I can't seem to find a decent matt creamy grey or taupe or even greige (that beige - grey combo that was so in last year).. But you must have got some mean colors in your inglot haul no?

      Delete
    2. China glaze and OPI have a couple good greys. U cud check zoya also. Can u believe inglot doesnt have grey..no they dont. I kept going back and forth on the whole counter. I'm close to puttin up my inglot hails pics. Got some funky colours..some nice pastels.

      Delete
  11. Damn..too bad abt goa im in a similar situation with my visa fr dubai not going througth :( :( :(
    But im so with you on navy. I love that rich royal feel of navy on the nails!! I like nudes a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I guess we understand each other's misery then.. I hope things work out well for you :)

      I just can't find a decent navy tho. I picked up Revlon's mid-night blue this weekend. I hope it is good :)

      Delete
  12. ah ! I don know whats with the train tickets nowadays .My friends get them done four months in advance and still they r always in waiting.I hope u plan out next trip to Goa with confirmed ticket soon.

    I am loving neon nail paints and I want to see them trending this summer ..very few oranges suits me but i am wishing for yellow also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Anamika, it is just impossible to get train tickets these days :(

      Yellow! I have a yellow nail paint in Joradana.. it looks nice, but only if paired with darker tops in browns, blacks - basically anything neutral on me. Or else it is not very cool :P

      Delete
  13. Need your email id for a product review. Could you please send your email id? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raveena, you can refer to the tab on top - who is Addicted to blush for details.

      My email id is tanveer(dot)parmar(@)gmail(dot)com

      Delete
  14. OOooo..I really wanna find a MNBB shade too..the nude beige one..and also a very pretty watermelon pink but a sophisticated version version...
    Love the post!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOooo..I really wanna find a MNBB shade too..the nude beige one..and also a very pretty watermelon pink but a sophisticated version version...
    Love the post!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shd try the Jordana one, I think it wld suit you - but it is pink, not beige. :)

      Delete
  16. very informative post tanveer ! I am nail color person (not nail art though :P )...and try to wear every new colors on my nail :)...right now my eye is on yellow and orange shade :):D !!

    http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/2012/01/just-like-that-notd.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. These shades are lovely.. but I don't get how this works. how can a colour "trend" for 2012.. does that mean I can't wear the pink and purple I so love because it's so "last year"?

    That said I'm definitely going for a tangerine or green this year, just because. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sango, it's like when certain styles are in trend in clothes & shoes. Doesn't mean that you can't wear those bootleg jeans that were so in 5 years ago, but a lot of other ppl might be sporting skinny jeans becoz that is in trend right now..

      Both tangerine & green are quite lovely shades, in fact I find metallic green particularly bewitching :D

      Delete
  18. Aww...too bad about your tickets T. Hope u can go some other time....soon! :D

    I would love some pistachio green & orange nail paints for spring-summer.

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts