I had really high expectations from this movie, and then it went & got 4 stars! The music was awesome too! So I headed for the theatre on Saturday itself after release. People compared it to JWM. In my opinion, it comes no where close. It is a nice movie, but over-hyped. I don't get how critics in TOI gave JWM, 3 1/2 stars, but this one got 4.
Anyways, I'll move on.
Pretty much for most of the movie this is her look.
Without a break.
In fact, during a night scene when Imran wakes her up, she still has all of this eyeliner on her eyes. Home girl clearly doesn't do her CTM before going to bed now, does she?.. For a movie that is touted to be "real", I found this a bit weird.
At one point I thought there would be a scene, where Imran asks her "How come you always have makeup on?"... and she'd say "Emm, I got drunk one night and permantly tattooed all this liner.. I mean, why waste time applying and removing the same thing everyday, might as well get it on!"
The liner mostly seemed black to me (MAC Smoulder), but in some scenes it did seem a bit purple (MAC Prunella) or a bit browny. In the second half, the sadder bits, her eyeliner gets a bit subdued to dark grey and blue. It is also now smudged all over the lid with a light hand.
1. Apply base work (what ever you need to make your skin perfect)
2. Apply a matt cream / beige eyeshadow to the lid (optional)
3. Take your favourite dark eyeliner (Black pref. otherwise whatever you fancy), and apply liberally on both top and bottom lids of the eyes in thick lines
4. Take a similar colored eyeshadow powder on a smudger brush and just gently smudge the liner. The powder will help it set a bit.
5. Apply a light dusting of very natural blush
6. Lips are nude, so either just apply some lip balm or if you have a nude/natural lippie that suits you, apply that instead. Only in the song "Auntyji" does she sport some pink tint on her lips. But it is a light, natural looking pink.
7. I almost forgot, lots of mascara. Both top & bottom lashes.
Nails: Her nails sport a bright fuchsia pink throughout the movie. This is a pretty common shade that you'll find in almost all brands. From Jordana I'd suggest Fuchsia Fever, it's a tad redder than her's though.
Have you seen the movie? Did you like Kareena's look in it?