Friday, March 23, 2012

Inglot Freedom Lipstick in #01 - Review

You can read my detailed review of Inglot Freedom Lipsticks in general here.

This is the color #01 from their range:

Inglot Freedom Refill Lipstick in #01
About Quality & Pigmentation: This is just as pigmented and moisturising as the #03 one, although it is slightly less creamy in its finish. Since this a more intense shade, it lasts a bit longer than 03. You can expect 5-6 hour wear from this, of course, depending on what you eat and if you tend to lick your lips a lot - you might get slightly less wear. But the quality is awesome!

In terms of pigmentation, my lips are a naturally pigmented with my upper lip being darker than the lower one. But this covered the pigmentation quite well.


About the color: This one I think is meant for the warm toned gals. Because it looks awful on me!

This is one of those corally - orange - peach - pink shades that medium warm toned girls carry off so effortlessly. This is a really pretty shade for the summers up ahead and would gorgeous with all kinds of summer, pastel, neon, flowery prints. I feel it is a good alternative to red, esp for the day time.

Inglot Freedom Lipstick Refill in #01 Swatch
Only it doesn't work for me, and I think this will not work for anyone who is cool toned. On me it just appears a weird bright neon, florescent pink, totally fake & totally over the top. And it's not like I have an issue with bright colors. Hell, I have worn MAC Ruby Woo during the day.

But this one makes my skin look dull as well. I think it just clashes with my skin tone. I'd probably dig this out if I wanna dress up for a psychedelic color themed party. In any case I know that peach - coral shades don't work for me.

Overall: In terms of quality - this is very good and it is very pigmented. Despite my lips being an cool toned pink this lipstick covered them with a single layer. But as far as the color goes, I think this is one for the warm toned gals.

Cool toned babes, try it at the store first, before ordering. If peach - coral shades have not looked nice on you in the past, this won't either.

Product sent by brand

19 comments:

  1. very pretty shade :) Tanveer chech 231 also,,another pretty coral shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty Namita, but it doesn't look nice on me :P.. like I mentioned it clashes with my tone :)

      Delete
  2. I think this shade will suit me! Will look out for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Manya if you are warm toned & medium skin then this will look very good on you :)

      Delete
  3. the swatch looks rather good..too bad it doesn't work for u :/
    nice review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I swatched it, I too was quite excited.. sadly it doesn't look as good on the face. It appears more pink - almost neon :)

      Delete
  4. I 'd suggest you try out number 73 that's a lot more wearable pinky coral

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, let me check it out.. the only corals I'm able to carry off are those that have a tinge of red in them, even coral pinks are an issue for me. My skin highlights the pink only & they start to look neon :P

      Delete
  5. i love such corals...i can wear them anytime and in any season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wld look awesome on you Zara! :)

      Delete
    2. oh dont tempt me....no sale also to indulge in! uff! ;) ;)

      Delete
  6. It looks pretty! Great review Tanveer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it wld look better on you Karishma, than it does on me :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ohh yes, if you are warm toned medium skinned - this is your shade :D

      Delete
  8. Hi, I am Deepika,
    I had a query with curler.. I have fine straight hair and would love to have soft big curls some times!!
    I saw video for home hairstyles, where the girl used a Cortex hair curler. I wonder if that is available in India. have you ever tried a curler?? I want to get one too, any good brands or equipment in mind for personal usage? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peach coral shades dont work for me either..they clash horribly with my dark skin..this does luk like a beautiful shade though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is one pretty color and am def. going to pick this in sale :D :D ..... am warm toned and am sure it will suit me and moreover i loveee corals :D did you tried mixing this with brown lip liner or lipstick :D
    or how about this with the revlon colorburst gloss over it .. just in case ?? am sure the combo will rock .... :D :D ...

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you aren’t going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentors - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Related Posts with Thumbnails