Thursday, March 29, 2012

My summer skin care & office makeup routine

Hello Everyone!

Summer's here in full force (It is 39 C in Mumbai!), it is sweltering hot and humid. Not a good time for us beauty enthusiasts. Makeup is melting while we try our best to avoid sun damage.

I thought I would share my current routine here.

Morning: 


1. Cleanse face with The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser. I like using a cream cleanser as first of all I don't think my face accumulates too much dirt during the night, so I don't see the point of using a foaming cleanser; secondly since this is quite hydrating, it means that I can very easily skip using a moisturizer. During summers, a layer less on the face can make a lot of difference.


2. Apply sunscreen. These days I'm trying out a Lakme one. Will review it in a two weeks.

3. Makeup: I apply a dab of MAC Bare Study Paint Pot (beige shimmery champagne) on my lids and then just swipe on any summery or bright lipstick over MAC Lip Prep + Prime. That's all I do for makeup during the day. I generally carry the lipstick with me so that I can refresh it during the day.

Evening: 


1. Since I didn't really wear much makeup in the morning, I just do a quick cleanse with Jergens Face Cream to take off the sunscreen.

2. I then cleanse using Forest Essentials Tejasvi Milk Ubtan. I make this in a base of milk.

3. Just before I sleep, I apply some of my Homemade Vitamin C serum. I prepare it fresh every day. You can read the method here.

4. On top of this I apply The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream


5. I finally finish it off with a few dabs of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I have been using this for two months now, and I am in love with it. It smells really nice, helps me relax and sleep better and it also has improved my skin quite a bit. I find that my combination skin is now more balanced (the forehead is not so dry & the nose not so oily)

That's all to my routine. On the weekend, I add a facemask - these days I'm using the Papaya Fresh Face Mask from Iraya. 


That's it! So what is your current routine? What makeup do you like for summers?

13 comments:

  1. whoa!!! awesome routine but I wanted to ask that how do you apply the vitamin c serum...its grainy in texture, right??? I tried doing that but it didn't quite work out!!!
    I prefer using the ubtan in the morning as the face is not much dirty and face wash in the evening for a thorough cleanse after removing the sunscreen :) and, at night, I prefer to keep the thing entirely simple by applying a few drops of oil over rose water or Liz Earle toner which I have right now!!! I feel sweaty at night more but I thought skipping moisturiser is not a really good idea if the sunscreen isn't moisturising enough!!! anyways, that always depends on the product being used. and, aren't you continuing with the zinc oxide cream you mentioned a while before??? I couldn't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Swati, I dissolve one pill of celin in about 5ml to 7 ml of water and then dab it on my face with the help of a cotton pad.

      I know, the skin can feel bit trapped at night if one uses too many layers. luckily my skin does okay..

      I used Sudocrem (zinc oxide), but I recently received some lakme sunscreens for consideration, so I'm trying out one of them for review :)

      Delete
  2. thanx for sharing this Tanveer..but as my t-zone is really oily these days i use a mildly foaming face wash in the mornings..the nature's co. cucumber is a nice one..do try it some time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try Nature's Co prdts tbh - but I find them a bit expensive.. I'll try this cucumber one for sure, it sounds refreshing :D

      Delete
  3. My skin's been getting dry & flaky of late due to the changing weather & my skincare routine has gone in a tizzy, will have to check out that Midnight Recovery Concentrate,need something to relax it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keihl's has an excellent sample policy. In fact I first tried out a sample of the MRC for 3 weeks before actually picking up the bottle itself. I suggest you do the same as the prdt is quite expensive :)

      Delete
  4. Thats really good mehnat!!!! I use a foaming cleanser in morning..clinique gel moisturiser and lotus gel sunscreen..and at night I use a cream cleanser..followed y a foaming one..and apply night cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's actually very similar to you. You have 3 steps both morning & night for skincare, I have 2 steps in the morning & 5 in the evening :D

      Delete
  5. Wow! No wonder ur skins so nice..I wish I wasn't so lazy and took half as much care of my skin as u do...m def gona tr making the vit C serum.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between makeup & skincare, I always devote 2/3rd of my time to skincare. It just seems more important to me.

      Do let me know how the serum works out for you!! :D

      Delete
  6. Oh i have a simple routine still its a pain sometimes.I use cleansing milk- either lakme or garnier. i love both in the morning. When i come back home i use Garnier face wash. in between i only use water to wash off sweat. if i am going to office i use fabindia's spf 15+ dab of max factor panstik , mix it and apply to my face or pond's tm otherwise i just apply Lakme's perfect radiance compact only.Pune is also hovering around 39'C these days but its dry wind which does most damage.I use Venusia face cream at night and Retin A [prescription] every third night.
    Make up is a kajal/eyeliner, lots of lipbalm and then either a gloss or lipsticks.I use lipstick like stain most of the time. i realized that 's the only way i can use dark colored lipstick to office and get away with it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it is ok to ask here, can u pls suggest a good moisturiser for a combination skin, my nose gets very oily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My skin is a bit tad oily and acne prone. So, I do wash my face with foaming cleansers.
    Hey, even I thought, I would be doing a post akin to this. Because with changing weather ( and our changing products), it's great to catch up on each other :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you aren’t going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentors - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Related Posts with Thumbnails