Skip to main content

Ben Nye Cream Blush in Coral - Review

Ben Nye Creme Rouge in CR 7 Coral
It Claims: Nothing :) Just a innocent (at times, tacky) looking cream blush.

Ingredients: see Image below

Price: Rs. 300 for 14 gms of blush!

Shade reviewed: CR 7 - Coral

Available: at New Beauty Centre, Khar


What I liked: 
Ingredient Listing
1. Really pigmented - a small swipe will get your cheeks all peachy, plus the texture is really soft & it blends very, very easily

2. The finish is almost matt. You know how some cream blushes leave behind a rather shiny, creamy finish that starts to look a bit oily with time? This one doesn't. It dries and blends to a very natural looking finish and it is also not sticky at all on the skin

3. Matt! I really don't like shimmer in my blushes.

4. Economical - I can't remember the last time I got a cream blush at such a good rate of 300/-, plus you get quite a bit - 14 gms! Even NYX gives only 6 gms at best.

Ben Nye Creme Rouge in Coral
5. The shade coral is a beautiful shade for warm toned girls - this is going to look super natural on you! On me, because the quality of the product is so awesome, it blends beautifully and looks good, but a bit unnatural if I go overboard. I have to make sure to use a very tiny amount, as even a little extra looks kinda obvious on me.

6. They have a really wide range at the store - at last count they had 10 shades & a number of them were very unique & pretty!

7. It is perfume free, not that I care, but for those with sensitive noses - take heed :)

What could be better: 

1. I guess this could be more easily available for sure. I have been wanting to get their creme rouge 6 color wheel for the longest time, but it is always out of stock.

2. The packaging is really crappy - cheap plastic that is prone to scratches. The lid has to be screwed in, and as you can see I have already made a cut into the blush thanks to it.

Ben Nye Creme Rouge in CR 7 Coral
Overall: I was one of those people who saw Band Baaja Baaraat really late, on a TV telecast. One of things that stuck me about the movie was Anushka Sharma's very peachy coral blush. I knew that MAC had a similar shade. But I was a bit reluctant to shell out a grand & some more as I haven't had very good results with peach colored cosmetics (cool undertones & warm peach shades aren't really best friends, you know!).

When I saw this, I knew it was God's way of letting me try this shade (ok, we beauty bloggers are dramatic, bear with us). It was priced beautifully, the color was an perfect match! I bought this almost a year ago, and it has been pending review since then.

So as I found out, coral peaches aren't really my color in blushes or lipsticks. But I was wowed by the quality and I did go back to pick up another shade - a rosy pink one that looks more natural on me.

Have you tried Ben Nye Creme Rouges? 

Comments

  1. I want to try Ben Nye and Krayolan so bad now. Sounds like an amazing product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! and quite affordable too :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I've seen Ben Nye at Beauty Centre but I always used to think it will be expensive so I never checked it out. But 300 for 14gm! That's amazing. I'll definitely check it out next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all their prdts are expensive Nisha.. do take a look :)

      Delete
  3. i wanttt! i never thought these blushes wud luk so pretty!!! and 14gms of product?!?! My O My!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a lot & I think you will love this :)

      Delete
  4. This one luks gorgeous..really pretty swatch and so cheap...I want it so bad now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thats a nice find. I've seen this brand there but I hadnt heard about this brand so I didnt pick up anything. This is certainly a good buy compared to nyx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a rather unknown brand.. but it is very good quality for the price. NYX is over priced now according to me & over hyped too :)

      Delete
  6. I want this!! I don't know if we get this brand anywhere in Kol!! :(
    thanks for the review dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a look at the major beauty stores, they may have it :)

      Delete
  7. I might be going to Mumbai either in September or in December. Now, I'm making a wishlist of things I want to buy from there.
    The color looks amazing! Tanz, is there anything else from Ben Nye you would like to suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! That is so cool, I hope you enjoy shopping in Mumbai.. I have as of yet just tried their cream blushes.. not sure about the rest dear. But they also do have a cream eyeshadows in different colors. Maybe you cld check out those, but not sure how they fare.

      Delete
  8. oh, I want this! I wish it was available online!!! brrrr. I love your reviews very much. So matter of fact and honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Coral! I hope you find this soon & like it also :)

      Delete
  9. I am not into blushes much.. but after reading this review .. i want to try it :)
    Honestly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Niesha, I hope you like it :)

      Delete
  10. Wowww, awesome wish we could get this here at reasonable price too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manya, do take a look - maybe you'll find it in some beauty stores.

      Delete
  11. At such a reasonable price Ben Nye blush is a steal

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice shade and i believe its worth trying...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love coral blushes! this looks like a nice shade and like you I also prefer matt! will have to try and find out if i can get it in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sita! This is a US based brand, if I recollect correctly. It may be available there :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks a zillion tons for featuring this, I'd been lemming for some Ben Nye in my life but those crazy international shipping charges were sooo annoying & you made my day by telling me that this is available at NBC! WOWIE! Thanks a lot!! Btw do they also stock Ben Nye eyeshadows and essential eyeshadow palette I soo need it!Plz tell 'coz I'm waiting with baited breath :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IBC :D... you are most welcome, I hope you are able to get these soon. And yes, they do sell eyeshadows as well - both powder & cream. But not sure about the palette :)

      Delete
  15. wow thats one inexpensive blush!
    and if the quality is good how awesome is that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhhh...i want this...this is soooooooooooooo nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey where are you, i have been wondering havent been getting much blog updates from your side, everything ok na, or u too have become supa busy like me...oflate, i quickly browse through my fav blogs, but no commenting :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Retnu, just been busy travelling in general ya.. Thks for reading, I can understand if you don't comment as life is very busy these days.. Hope you are doing well :D

      Delete
  18. This seems lik such a gr8 buy...KBC is really a blessing..(although they shld giv major customers lik u additional discount :P)

    ReplyDelete
  19. btw i bought this blush and it works on my yellow toned skin so well that i am so glad i got this.. it actually looks like a natural glow, meets healthy flush and lovely tan...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Care Myth: Sunscreen will stop you from Tanning

Image via Wikipedia I know I did a recent article on skin care myths (read it here), but I don't know how I forgot to mention this particular myth. In any case I think this warranted a post on its own.

Myth: If I use a suncreen regularly and religiously, I will not tan. 

Fact: This is a very simplistic statement. But before I bust this myth, kindly bear through a science lecture. This is to bring all readers of all backgrounds on the same knowledge level.



Lets define sunscreen (from Wikipedia):Sunscreen (also commonly known as sunblock or sun cream) is a lotion, spray, gel or other topical product that absorbs or reflects "some" of the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the skin exposed to sunlight and thus helps protect against sunburn. Sunscreen helps protect only against direct DNA damage as it cannot dissipate UV as harmless heat.

The SPF of a sunscreen is a laboratory measure of the effectiveness of sunscreen — the higher the SPF, the more protection a sunscreen …

Reetha, Amla & Shikakai Home Made Shampoo - Weekend Experiment

Good Morning Lovelies, I hope your weekend was fun. Mines was, well, ho-hum, but anyways, we are not talking about that here (let’s save that cribbing for twitter).
I have been suffering from quite a bit of hair fall since some time. I have tried changing products to using intensive conditioning and the works. It stops the hair fall for while, but then it rears its ugly head again.
So on lark, & for lack of better things to do, my best friend & I decided to make some Reetha – Amla – Shikakai shampoo at home. This century old ayurvedic herbal concoction is reputed to not only strengthen hair, but also darken it and stop hair fall.
I got the 3 biggies from a local kirana store. All 3 are priced at 15 Rs for 100gms.

How to: Soak 5 pieces of Shikakai, 4 balls of Reetha  (Soapnut) & handful of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)  in about 500 ml of water overnight. In the morning, heat the mixture on gas till it just starts to boil. Let it cool, when lukewarm mash all the amla, reetha and…

The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Collection - Review

The Body Shop India is about to launch in July, its new line in skincare called MoistureWhite Collection. 

This line consists of products for women who want fairer, clear-looking skin and uniform skin tone with translucent complexion. The collection has a series of products from start to end to take care of your entire regime.

The key ingredients featured in The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Collection are:
Shiso Extract -- reduces melanin making signals (this plant is also known as Japanese Basil)Vitamin C -- provides antioxidant protection to reduce melanin productionLicorice Extract -- helps address hyperpigmentationCommunity Trade Organic Aloe - to moisturise and hydrate skinBatyl Alcohol - which helps to reduce skins response to the melanin attack on the skin
Below are quick reviews on each of the products in this line, followed by my overall impressions of the collection. I have been using this collection for exactly 2 weeks now.

1. Moisture White Shiso Cleansing Powder (Day): R…