Lakme Aqua Shine Lip Color - Review


What it claims:
Glide color onto your lips like velvet. The super soft applicator gives your lips a shape like never before leaving you with the perfect smile. It has the color of a lipstick, the nourishment of a Lip Balm and the shine of Lip Gloss all in one.  

I have this in the shades Lotus & Coral
Pros:
1.      Highly pigmented, glossy, neutral/nude shades. A really nice color palette
2.      Easy to carry tube, color of the tube is the same as the shade, making it easy to select.
Cons:
1.      It may have the color of a lipstick, nourishment of a lip balm & the shine of a gloss. But what they forgot to tell you is that it also has the staying power of water on a lotus leaf. Once on, you cannot eat, drink, rub your lips together or talk. For its glossy, slippery texture will slide right off. And it won’t even leave a hint of a tint behind. There when you left home, gone by the time you reach the office/party.
2.      The price, a hefty 395 bucks for a product that just won’t stay put.
Price: 395 Rs.
Will I buy again: No. Not at all. I love the colors and the thick color coverage and intensity. But they just won’t stay put. And if you try the whole powder/foundation/base on lips to make it stick, it seems to lose its shine and goes on real streaky.
When I compare this to Revlon’s Lip Glide (read review here), which is exactly the same in terms of packaging, texture and product, this one is beaten hollow. Not only is Revlon half the price, it also stays on for 4-5 hours and even after that leaves behind a tint. Real disappointment.

Comments

  1. thanx for the review...it was on my list of things to buy...and now its not lol...i have a mybelline version and its kinda the same no staying power maybe i should try the revlon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I kind of like these tubes becasue of their ease of usage but I know they just don't stay. I would probably rebuy their old rose colour again because the colour looks very pretty on my lips. But nothing else. Infact, I bought these lippies 3-4 months back and I guess, they would last me quite long. Not planning to repurchase at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shimmer: Glad to have saved you some trouble & money! :D

    @ Rati: I agree. The colors are very nice.. but if it just won't stay what's the point of the pdt..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts