LUSH Sympathy for the Skin - Review
Ingredients: Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus ladaniferus), Cetearyl Alcohol, Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
They are emollient and highly moisturizing, when applied topically. They soften the skin, making it flexible and pliable.
Vanilla pods are made up of sugars, vanillin, fats and mineral salts. The sugars in vanilla act as humectants (moisture binding), when applied topically, and are particularly suitable for retaining moisture on hair, skin and lips.
Price: Rs 1,180 for 240 gms tub
1. Totally non-greasy, it absorbs instantly into the skin, making it convenient to use this in the morning after a bath – no sweaty sticky feeling, plus it moisturises for a long time. You will need to reapply only once in 24 hours.
2. It smells lovely, hint of banana with vanilla – yum.
3. All natural ingredients – the product is vegan - meaning all the ingredients have natural sources, no animal sources.
4. I have been using this on my face also since the last one month, it has not broken me out. It absorbs instantly & the moisturisation lasts a good 12 hours.
1. It expires after 9 months.
2. It is expensive.
3. It makes me hungry every time I use it – it’s the smell – so yummy :P
4. it has parabens as preservatives
Will I re-purchase: Not likely. I love everything about it, but the price. It is very expensive for a body lotion – which I use copious amounts of. If they were to reduce its price by half - around 500, I would get this in a heartbeat.