How to do your makeup if you live in a Humid Environment
Image via WikipediaThose of you who live in cities like Mumbai, Goa, Kolkata, Cochin and other costal places - will understand what a boon and a pain it is at the same time.
The humidity in the air is excellent for those with dry skins as it keeps the skin moist - much more than it would be in a drier environment.
But it also makes oily skin more oily, and makes the hair frizzy (Monica from Friends, Season 10 in Barbados - anyone) and makes make up close to impossible - especially if you will not be spending the day in a closed, air & humidity controlled (A/C) environment.
But sometimes you still gotta look good, even if you will be fighting the crowds of a local train. So here is quick guide of what works for me on days - when I know I will be sweating it out.
(Btw the image above is of Mumbai at night - Aerial shot - it is the prettiest thing I have seen, and it looks like my city's streets are paved with molten gold - I love this city - buzzing, vibrant, safe, happening and it has a heart - Sorry, I am digressing - back to the topic at hand)
1. First of all, if you're in a place like Mumbai in summers - you will sweat - that is a given - even on the face. Keep this in mind and use a strong deodrant.
2. I tend to skip foundation, concealer, loose powder - the works - because I know I will keep wiping the sweat off my face, and anything I apply will get rubbed off.
3. After I wash my face, if needed I apply a moisturizer (oil free) - both Neutrogena Moisturizer for Combination Skin (read review here) as well as Khadi Rose & Aloe Vera Moisturiser suit me well.
4. After that comes Sunscreen: Neutrogena Sunblock - that is water & sweat resistant, besides it also resists rub off. Read review here
5. Most days in summer I just apply just waterproof Mascara (Maybelline Colossal Volume - review) and a swipe of my colorbar lipstick in bare or Irish rose. I carry Nivea Lip Balm and Neutrogena Sunscreen with me for touchups. That is it. I am ready to step out of the door.
6. I prefer not to use eye liner in summers as I just wanna feel light and airy - no heavy textures on face - but if your can't live without liner - use a smudge and waterproof liner.
7. I don't like powder blushes in this humid weather - so if I have to use one, I use a tint. I like TBS Cheek & Lip Tint. This is waterproof, sweatproof and even resists rub off. Even NYX cream blushes are rub off resistant and a good alternative for those of you with dry skin.
8. I carry a mister with rose water for my face - when the heat gets unbearable - a few mists help me cool!
That is my routine for Mumbai Summers. What about you? Do you have a special routine for summers?